Blog Quick Links
- Tutorials for Students and Authors
- Tutorials for Instructors and Admins
1.) Go to the blog dashboard
2.) Under Tools, click on 'Import Users'
3.) Enter student Elon email addresses here
You can type them directly into the box or copy and paste.
4.) Select their role
The author role allows students to post their own content but not edit anyone else's content.
- Administrators have access to all the administration features.
- Editors can publish posts, manage posts as well as manage other people’s posts, etc.
- Authors can publish and manage their own posts, and are able to upload files.
- Contributors can write and manage their posts but not publish posts or upload media files.
- Subscribers can read comments/comment/receive newsletters, etc., but cannot create regular site content.
5. Click 'Import Users'
Their Elon blogs account is now ready and they can login to your blog. You can email them a link to your blog or they can login at http://blogs.elon.edu.
- If they've used blogs.elon.edu previously, they can login with their existing Elon blogs account
- If they haven’t used blogs.elon.edu, they will need to create a password for their account. To create a password, they'll need to click "Forget your password" on the login screen and follow the on-screen directions.