| Due to recent changes in how SMART licenses Notebook software, if you want a copy of Notebook that will work beyond a limited trial period, you should NOT download anything higher than Notebook version 11.4 - the version being used in area P-12 schools. If you download a higher-numbered version (14 or above), it will work for 90 days, but you will NOT be able to use an Elon-provided license key to have it work beyond 90 days.
Mac users please note if you are running OS 10.10 (Yosemite) or higher, Notebook 11.4 is NOT compatible, so your only option is to download the 90-day trial of a later version of Notebook and to purchase a license if you wish to use it beyond 90 days.
To download SMART Board drivers and Notebook software onto your own computer, follow these instructions:
- Visit the SMART Downloads page
- If you want to download version 11.4 (Windows users or Macs running OS 10.9 or earlier), select the option that says "I know what software I need" and choose version 11.4.
- If you choose to download a trial version instead, use the link to download the trial version.
- Click the Download button and proceed with the installation.
- If you downloaded and installed version 11.4, you can activate it with the Elon-provided license key. The option to activate software in Notebook is located under the Help menu (Windows) or the Notebook menu (Mac).
- When asked for a product key, obtain a license key by logging in with your Elon username and password. Either of the two keys should work. If one fails, try the other.
For assistance with using the SMART Board, visit SMART Board Support for Elon Teacher Ed.