Located on the first floor of McEwen Hall, this room serves as the headquarters for Elon News Network. It has several workstations with rolling chairs and computers, and a video wall with nine displays that can be controlled through the Crestron touch panel at the main desk.
- To turn the system on, tap the Elon logo. After loading, the system will power on the video wall and center display. Preset 1 will be loaded on startup.
Below is a list of all the technology available in McEwen 108.
|1.) Touch Panel Control||Crestron||TSW-1060-B-S|
|2.) Student Computer||Apple||iMac Mid 2011|
- To turn the system on, tap the Elon logo. After loading, the system will power on the video wall and center display.
- To change the preset video wall display, select a preset from the bottom. A description of the presets is listed below.
Preset Description 1 Each of the individual displays will show different content, each from the sources shown on the touch panel. 2 All displays will show the same content from one source. 3 The four displays in the upper left corner will show the same content, while the others remain independent. 4 The four displays in the upper right corner will show the same content, while the others remain independent.
- To change which source is shown on which display, tap and hold on the source in the top menu, and drag it onto the display you wish to view it on.
- To change the source on the center display (behind the desk), select that from the bottom menu, and follow the same procedure of tapping and holding on the source and dragging it onto the area of the display.
- To change channels on any of the DirecTV receivers, tap the Channel Select tab in the bottom menu, and choose a DirecTV receiver from the list on the left. The unit that is highlighted in the list will be affected by the controls.
- To listen to audio from one of the displays, tap the Audio Select tab in the bottom menu, and tap on the screen you wish to hear.
- To see the AirMedia IP address and access code, tap the AirMedia Control tab in the bottom menu.
- This room is also equipped with AirMedia moderator mode, which allows multiple users to share their screens at the same time. You can select which you would like to see from the Crestron touch panel. To enter moderator mode, tap the Moderator Mode button.
- Turn on the computer by pressing the power button located on the back left side of the computer monitor.
- Turn on the computer monitor by pressing the power button on the bottom-right side of the computer monitor.
- Login with your Elon username and password.
- To power the computer off, click the Shut Down button (click the Apple button on the top-left of the screen, then select Log Off or Shut Down).
The TV system is used with the Crestron Touch Panel Control.