|These instructions are for Elon students wanting to download Parallels in order to run Windows on a Mac. If purchased through Kivuto's OnTheHub, the cost of Parallels for students is $39.99 and Windows 10 may be purchased once for free.|
Prior to installing Parallels, make sure your system meets the minimum requirements for hardware. Below are the system requirements to install Parallels Desktop.
- A Mac computer with an Intel Core 2 Duo, Core i3, Core i5, Core i7, Intel Core M or Xeon processor
- 4 GB of memory (8 GB recommended)
- 850 MB of disk space on the boot volume (Macintosh HD) for Parallels Desktop installation
- Additional disk space for virtual machines (at least 32GB of free space for Windows 10)
- SSD drive is recommended for better performance
- Internet connection for product activation and select features
Your Mac operating system should also be no older than four years.
- macOS High Sierra 10.13
- macOS Sierra 10.12.5 or later
- OS X El Capitan 10.11.6 or later
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.5 or later
Additionally, your Mac must be able to support Windows 10.
- MacBook Pro (2012 and later)
- MacBook Air (2012 and later)
- MacBook (2015 and later)
- iMac Pro (2017)
- iMac (2012 and later)
- Mac mini (2012 and later)
- Mac mini Server (Late 2012)
- Mac Pro (Late 2013)
|Your system information can be found by clicking the apple logo at the top left of your screen then select "About This Mac."|
|Information on how to access the Kivuto website can be found here.|
1.) Log into http://elon.onthehub.com with your registered username and password.
2.) After logging in, a page will appear with your available software downloads. Parallels should be located in the "More Software" section.
You will be prompted with a 'Terms and Conditions' agreement. Enter your username and electronic signature.
Make sure to obtain your Product Key. You will need this for later steps.
After selecting 'Download,' you will be prompted to redirected to Microsoft's website.
Once you've downloaded Parallels, you can complete the following steps.
1.) Double-click on the ParallelsDesktop.dmg file to start the installation. This file will most likely be in your downloads folder
2.) Accept the License Agreement and enter your computer's administrator Name and Password when prompted
3.) After the installation has completed you will be prompted by the Installation Assistant to download and install Windows 10 as an automatic download
|If you decide to "skip" but still need to download Windows 10, you can manually "Add New" virtual machine later.|