Absolutely! Moodle has a Quickmail block that will allow you to send an email (with optional attachments) to your class, individual students, or groups you've created. These emails will go to your students' Elon email accounts, and are also stored within your Moodle course as part of course record. Use the steps below to add the Quickmail block.
- It's located in the top right area of your course. You can also click the 'Turn Editing On' link in the Administration block on the left side of your page. They both do the same thing.
- You should see the Add a Block block (which is slightly confusing to read, but very fun to say out loud).
- After clicking 'Quickmail,' the page will refresh.
- The Quickmail block will now appear directly above the Add a Block block in your Moodle course. You can move it to another area in the left column of your course by clicking and dragging the dark gray crossed arrow icon at the top of the block (highlighted in this screenshot).
- The rest is pretty self-explanatory. Don't be afraid to experiment with the Quickmail block. It's a huge timesaver!
|Emails sent through the Quickmail block are sometimes mistakenly flagged as spam or junk by Outlook 365 and Gmail. If you've sent an email and your students say they haven't received it, encourage them to check the Spam folder in their Gmail account.|