"Is there a way to email my students through Moodle?"
Absolutely! Moodle has a Quickmail block that will allow you to send an email (with optional attachments) to your class, individual students, or groups you've created. These emails will go to your students' Elon email accounts, and are also stored within your Moodle course as part of the course record. Use the steps below to add the Quickmail block.
- This button is located in the top right area of your course. Alternatively, you can click the "Turn Editing On" link in the Settings block on the left side of your page.
- You should see 'Add a Block' — it's worth noting that if you've rearranged the blocks in your left-hand column, what you see may not look exactly like this screenshot.
- After clicking 'Quickmail,' the page will refresh.
- The Quickmail block will now appear directly above 'Add a Block' in your Moodle course. You can move it to another area in the left or right-hand columns of your course by clicking and dragging the dark gray area at the top of the block (circled in red in this screenshot).
- The rest is pretty self-explanatory. Don't be afraid to experiment with the Quickmail block. It's a huge timesaver!