E-Net is the main source of news and information about Elon University. It contains the latest news for students, faculty and staff, alumni, and the Elon Community. Additionally, E-Net features an Event Calendar and a Want Ads section. E-Net is managed by University Communications.
Learn more about the new processes by studying our documentation about Submitting an Article in the new E-Net system.
This demonstration will walk you through submitting an article onto the new E-Net site. Please note that articles are reviewed by the University Communications staff from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on weekdays. Articles submitted on weekends will be approved on Monday mornings.
You may also manage or edit previously approved articles by selecting 'My Articles' from the top menu after logging into E-Net. Be aware that editing an approved article will require approval again from University Communications staff.
3.) Enter the article's Headline (1); enter the article's Summary (2); and write the article in the Body section (3)
4.) Determine where the article should be filed by choosing the appropriate marker under 'Select a Section'
- In the above picture, "students>news updates" was selected for demonstration purposes.
- The "Events" section is used for articles to be posted under the E-Net Calendar.
- The "Wanted" section is used for articles to be posted as Want Ads.
|Depending on the nature of your article, you may be complete after this step. If there is no other information to add, proceed to Step 5. Otherwise, click on an option below to open instructions for other various aspects of posting an article to E-Net.|
1.) To add the article to a department website newsfeed, select the relevant departments from the pull-down list under 'Tag to a Department'
|Students can only select one department. If you need your article to be listed under multiple departments, contact University Communications after submitting the article.|
3.) The image will appear in the 'Body' section of your article, which may be dragged and dropped to a different position
| There are several options you may utilize once the photo has uploaded:
1.) To add video to your article, click the black box with a sideways triangle in the 'Body' section (1) and paste your YouTube link in the box provided (2) and click OK (3)
- Widescreen Videos: Size Ratio 16:9
- Fullscreen Videos: Size Ratio: 4:3
|You must have your video uploaded and hosted on YouTube. For assistance with uploading, please refer to YouTube's documentation . If you'd like to use Elon University's official YouTube account, please contact University Communications.|
1.) Ensure that events is selected as your E-Net page category with the appropriate subcategory selected
- The same 'New Article' page is used for adding an event to the Calendar.
- Make sure to include the information for the event in the text of your article.
- For events that are multiple days or occur at multiple times, continue to select 'Add a Calendar Item' as many times as needed.
- Selecting a calendar item will also automatically update the 'Date Article is Hidden' field. This is to make it easier to hide an article from E-Net pages after the last of its calenar items has already passed. This field is populated with the date of the calendar item farthest in the future.
|When you click on the date box and select a date, a window will appear to the left showing all other events occuring that same date. This is intended to help users not double-post an event if they see someone else from their organization has already posted it.|
- This information will be displayed at the bottom of the article.
|Only those in the faculty directory are available to be tagged in an article.|
2.) Begin typing the headline of an article that has already been published on E-Net and select it when it appears
- The headline will be replaced by an 'Article ID Number' – leave this number.
- In this example, we selected 'electronics.'
The most 30 recent want ads will be displayed for each category.
- This does not unapprove your ad. However, editing the content of a want ad will require it to be reapproved.
5.) When you are satisfied with the content of your posting, select 'Submit for Review' at the bottom of the page
- Remember that articles are reviewed by University Communications staff from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on weekdays. Articles submitted on weekends will be approved on Monday mornings.