A CeDiploma is an electronic version of your Elon University diploma. You may use your CeDiploma to enter the job market, share with family and friends, and use as electronic proof of your academic achievement. The document is digitally signed and encrypted by CeDiploma Trust. When the document is viewed through Adobe Reader versions 9.0 or higher, or through Adobe Acrobat 9.0 or higher, a blue ribbon will display across the top of the document to indicate document authenticity and validity.
Should the document be altered in any way, the signature will inform the recipient that the document can no longer be trusted. Further, the CeDiploma can be independently validated by future employers, State Government Licensing Agencies, and any other entity that wishes to validate your acheivement.
Only those students whose degrees were conferred in May 2015 or later are eligibile for CeDiploma.
To log into CeDiploma, use your Elon University email address and password. Elon University has provided for graduates to receive a free copy of their CeDiploma within 90 days of graduation. Students may save the file and copy, send, or share it unlimited times. However, if a student loses their PDF file after the free 90-day period, you will have to pay a fee to download your CeDiploma again.
- Visit https://www.elon.edu/CeDiploma
- Log in with your Elon University email username and password
- Successful authentication will take you to the CeDiploma Trust Store:
- After agreeing to the terms and clicking the Authorize button, you will be taken to a page to download your diploma:
For an employer to validate a CeDiploma:
- Have them visit https://www.elon.edu/CeDiploma
- Click 'CeDiploma Validation'
- Enter the CeDiploma ID (located directly below the CeDiploma seal in the upper-left hand corner of the electronic diploma) and the first two letters of your name as it appears on the diploma.
Good results for a validated diploma (pictured below) include: the date of validation, the ID, the full name, the degree and major(s) and honor, if applicable. A person with two degrees will have two different CeDiploma ID numbers and must be validated separately.
Bad validation results (pictured below) could happen due to an incorrectly entered DiplomaID or first 2 letters of your name. If those are entered correctly and this message is still received, it means that there is no degree on record with that CeDiploma ID.
If you need assistance with CeDiploma, please contact the Technology Service Desk at 336-278-5200.